This website is the “class blog” for CPSC 683 – Information Visualization.
Keeping a visual journal
Purpose: To become more visually literate and more visually aware.
Process: For every day of the class, you will select one visual and make at least one comment about it. That means 84 daily images in total, each.
A visual can be:
- a sketch – ideas, data, concepts…
- images that others have created for information visualization and/or visual communication in general
- chosen because you liked/disliked them or because you cannot figure out someone else’s reaction
- why and which parts you like or dislike
- annotate your images, draw on them, write on them, look at them in different scales
- which parts might you use yourself, as-is, with changes, or never!
- keeping track of your developing ideas
- including scribbles, sketches, math and words